Skip to content

Changes to income-linked rent increase in 2015

The percentages by which you can increase rent – based on the household income – are known and the tax authorities’ portal is open. The procedure is largely the same as that used in 2014.

As we have already indicated, the introduction of the new home valuation system was postponed to 1 October 2015. This means that the rent increases for this year are still based on the current home valuation system.

The MG circular (policy on rental prices) with the rent policy from 1 July 2015 has also been published.

This sets out the parameters for the rent policy. The liberalisation limit has been € 710.68 per month since 1 January. As of 1 July 2015, this means that the threshold for accessing the private rental sector is 141 points. The percentages for the income-linked rent increase and the changed income categories are as follows:

The percentage of inflation for 2014 is 1.0%. This means a maximum rent increase as of 1 July 2015 of:

  • 2,5% (inflation + 1.5%) for household incomes up to and including € 34,229 (2013 income year)
  • 3.0% (inflation + 2%) for incomes from € 34,229 up to and including € 43,786 (2013 income year)
  • 5.0% (inflation + 4.0%) for incomes above € 43,786 (2013 income year)

For non-standalone residential properties (rooms), caravans and caravan pitches, the maximum rent increase as of 1 July 2015 is equal to the percentage of inflation for 2014 multiplied by 1.5 percentage points, in other words 2.5%.

The most important things to consider in relation to the income-linked rent increase are as follows:

  • From today until 28 February 2015, you can request on or more accounts. Also, if you already had an account in 2013 or 2014, you must request a new account before 2015
  • You must request a separate account for each identification number for legal entities and partnerships and/or citizen service number
  • You will use the account/login details to request income details. This will be possible from Monday 16 March 2015
  • You can only request income details for standalone residential properties with a regulated rental agreement for which tenants are not yet paying the maximum rent for the residential property. If the property is used for a structurally improper use, you risk being excluded from the income-linked rent increase, even for your regulated residential properties
  • Read through the 2015 income-linked rent increase manual carefully to familiarise yourself with the procedure, for example to learn how you should submit the data about your residential property
  • In 2013 and 2014, a large number of landlords were not able to apply the income-linked rent increase due to errors in the identification number for legal entities and partnerships and/or citizen service number of the owner in the case of municipal files under the Valuation of Real Estate scheme. You would be well advised to check this with your council as soon as possible. Read the information sheet from Aedes, which is also intended for private individuals, to find out how you can do this.
  • For any other information, go to the government website .
Managed by Kjenmarks - Wordpress specialisten